When I was a kid I was taught there is one planet for the human race it's called planet Earth but now that I am older I realized that is a lie. 

There are two planets not one planet for the rich and another for the poor and COVID-19 is a lot more dangerous in one of these planets this is income inequality and it's a big deal right now. 

Brazil

Brazil Country With Unexpected Inequality: Rich Vs. Poor

This journey starts in Brazil here millions of people live in a favela it's a slum built on mountains where the people are poor electricity goes out over time and living environments are very basic and this slum is right next to the rich region with tennis courts, ponds and lot of space.

This salary inequality in one sad image yes, we are all in this together but COVID-19 is much riskier in these crowded houses. 


San Francisco 

San Francisco

San Francisco is one of the richest cities in the world where a fancy ice-cream cost me 7$, they make it by minimizing the crystals between the ice cream molecules so that it becomes extra creamy that's good but right outside the fancy shop you see this homelessness in San Francisco. 


The top 1% and the bottom 1% live in the same city but they don't live together in fact they rarely interact.


India

India
In India, I went to Mumbai and I checked into the 4 Seasons luxury hotel on a petite because I wanted to treat myself for one fancy night only to open the window and see this. 

Just loves of Mumbai the Four season built on land that used to be slums and in those slow COVID-19 spreads much faster than it does in a five-star hotel this is income inequality that can literally kill you. 
In India, I bought a shirt from the posh area $60 and one more shirt from the poor area $4 I cut them in half and sued them together and the outcome was similar.
In India, I bought a shirts

South Africa

South Africa I saw the worst inequality

In South Africa I saw the worst inequality of my life between the blacks and the whites it’s where villas are built right next to swan sand inside those slums loads of black folks live, some of them got public bathrooms only 5 years ago.

These slums are so cramped that it's almost impossible to social distance and stay safe by now it’s very obvious we have one planet for the rich and another planet for the poor but the crazy thing is from the inside these two planets are actually very similar. 

One day I went to spend the night in one of the slums in South Africa even when people warned me not to do it do that because they're going to rob you mean these people are their house and there. 

I met the most generous humans despite not having much they opened their homes to me and their heart is so much and that's the point we may live in diverse earths but we actually aren't the same. 


Kenya

Kenya COVID-19 is a lot more dangerous in Planet poor
In Kenya, I decided to get to half haircuts half a haircut in the rich area and another half in the poor area the cost was $10 here and $1 here and the result was the same. 

In our tiny globe, we truly want similar things but then again, our lives are not identical especially in a pandemic from India to Brazil to the United States to South Africa on the way to Kenya COVID-19 is a lot more dangerous in Planet poor. 

It's much harder when you don't have public bathrooms it's much harder when you live in cramped areas it's much harder when you don't have access to a hospital this is not supposed to make you hate the rich. 

I have no problem with rich people good for you I have a problem with extreme poverty why are we ignoring it why is this not on everyone's newsfeed especially right now I don't know how to fix income inequality. 


But I do know if we want to beat COVID-19 then we need one planet instead of two right now and that should be Planet Earth.